We have worked out that we will need approx 150m of bunting to do all the decorating we want:
- 2 x 2 strands looping from sides of hall up to a chain hanging high from ceiling at each end of hall, width of hall is 10m, so allowing 15m per stand to include the 'loop' - 15m x 4 = 60m
- 1 x strand looping behind/above bar - 10m should cover it
- 1 x strand looping above cake tressle table - 5m
- 1 x strand looping above soup station - 5m
- 1 x strand looping above kids area - 10m
- 1 x strand looping above entrance - 5m
- 1 mega strand looping around verandah, below the fairy lights - 40m
- leaves 15m just in case it looks to bare!!
The triangles/flags I'm using are 20cm wide, however once sewn together and turned right side out they're about 17cm wide, so going to have 5 flags per metre with gaps of 2.5cm between each flag.
So 5 flags per metre x 150m = 750 flags (oops DIY project out of control a tad!!)
So far I've cut out around 100 flags, and sewn up around 60, so you could say I'm a way off being finished!!
Luckily I'm really enjoying it, finding it relaxing (thank god!).
These are my creations so far, in various stages of completion!
|The calico was my first try, luckily it worked, so I moved onto some of the fancier material, these are ready for binding|
|These are now all sewn up into flags, to be bound together|
|This mornings inside out flags, waiting to be turned right way out then bound, a bit of red to break up the green/cream|
I have sourced material from a number of places:
- Op Shops - sheets, shirts
- Garage Sales - sheets, shirts, curtains
- Big W/Target/Kmart - discount baskets of fitted sheets, flat sheets
- Spotlight - sticking to the budget options
We have a long weekend coming up in a few days, looking forward to getting through a couple of hundred metres worth of flags!! Wish me luck!